Thursday, February 2, 2012

What is Love?

Words.  They evoke many things in us.  We hang them as decorative plaques on our walls.  
Live, Laugh, Love

Obviously, words spoken are a wonderful means of communication.
"I love you so much!" 

...or they can be a powerful weapon that can deeply wound.
                                        "I never want to see you again!"                     

Words administered with ink onto pages, tell stories, bring imaginations to life, and record history.
                              We the people of the United State of America...                                                                                              

And Jesus is the Word according to John 1:1.  Words are very important!  


Sometimes when I ask my younger kids if they know what a vocabulary word means they'll say something like, "Well, I know what it means.  I just don't know how to explain it."  I think that can happen to adults, too.  We may even use the word often, but when asked to explain what the word really means, we find that it's hard to define.  Let me prove this point.

What is love?


I think it's safe to say we all know WHAT it is, but how do you explain it?  Can you put it into words?  How do you explain love?

I'd love to hear how YOU explain love.  If a child asked you to explain it, could you?

2 comments:

  1. Love is from God. It is only possible to love through Jesus. It is a decision, a verb. It is unconditional.


    It is patient,kind,does not envy,not boastful, not conceited, does not act improperly, is not selfish, in not provoked, and does not keep a record of wrongs. Love finds no joy in unrighteousness but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believe all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

    Sound familiar? 1Cor 13:4-8a.

    Written by Patti - I do not have a google acct in order to post I had to use Sam's acct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this Patti! Thanks! This is the kind of love I pray for in my own life. I know you do, too.

      Delete