Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Candi... meet Grace

Free at last!  Free at last!  Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!  Once you've been set free from slavery, do you think anyone could pay you enough to EVER go back?  No way!!!  If someone offered me a million dollars today to live without grace, I would pass it up without a moments hesitation.  I am recovering from legalism... a reformed Pharisee...and have no desire to ever be a moralist again!

Moralist- n. 1. A teacher or student of morals or moral problems.
                   2. One who follows a system of moral principles.
                   3. One who is unduly concerned with the morals of others.
Legalism- n.  Strict adherence, or the principle of strict adherence, to law or
                     prescription, especially to the letter rather than the spirit.
Pharisee- n.  1. A member of an ancient Jewish sect that emphasized strict
                     interpretation and observation of the Mosaic law in both it oral
                     and written form.
                    2. A hypocritically self-righteous person.

I finally decided to start a blog about this journey that God is taking me on.  A road from Bondage to Freedom.  Law to Grace.  Why tell my story?  Because there is a chance that it may bring healing to someone who has been chained up by legalism or wounded by un-grace.  To give hope that there is real grace, love and freedom to be discovered!  I feel great risk in telling my story though.  To my "truth-wielding" friends, when you read words like this you right away assume I've gone off the deep end and that soon I'll be saying we should all hold hands, sing "We Are the World" and join one big universal church and toss out the bible.  And by saying this, my "liberal" friends may think I sound like I don't believe in God or absolute right or wrong anymore and that anything is acceptable since I've said I am "free".  I'm saying neither of these things.

But, I have discovered that TRUTH is to live with GRACE!  Because truth without grace, is law, legalism, external morality and chains.   Welcome to my story.  The story of how God set me free... twice!  Once from sin.  Once from slavery.

No comments:

Post a Comment